Gathering, incentivizing, and aggregating information from the crowd, as well as tapping vast sources of other data, has become the cornerstone of modern forecasting techniques. This workshop aims to bring together theoreticians, empiricists, and practicioners to discuss the elicitation and aggregation of information for prediction making, which has been an emerging theme in the EC community over the last several years. To foster inclusion both across areas and to newcomers, the format mixes evenly between high-level, "overview" talks from invited speakers, and contributed talks on recent work.
- Submission Opens: 8 April 2017 (open now)
- Submission Deadline: 1 May 2017, 11:59:00 PM PDT
- Author Notification: 15 May 2017
- Workshop Date: 27 June 2017
We invite submissions on the following topics: forecasting, information elicitation, forecast aggregation, elicitation interfaces which encourage accuracy, mechanisms combining elicitation and aggregation, forecast evaluation, and related topics. We will favor submissions of broader potential interest to both theoretical and applied audiences and those likely to spark interesting discussions and future work.
Submission page: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ecfw2017
Submissions consist of two components:
- A short description (one to two paragraphs) of why the work is appropriate for this workshop and may be of interest to participants. Please add the description to the bottom of your abstract on the Easychair submission form.
- The paper in PDF format describing the work and its contributions. There are no requirements for length or style. Typical submissions are either manuscripts of recently-completed work or brief 6-8 page descriptions of ongoing work and current results.
Submissions will be kept confidential. There will not be any published proceedings.
Upon acceptance, submissions will be invited as either poster or oral presentations.
Submission Deadline: 1 May 2017, 11:59:00 PM PDT
The workshop will be a full day on June 27 with breaks for coffee and lunch. Precise schedule coming soon.