Jobs: I am currently seeking tenure-track positions in computer science and related disciplines. I'd be happy to hear suggestions of positions that might be a good fit!
- My CV.
- Research statement
- Teaching statement
- Some representative papers: Informational Substitutes (FOCS 2016), Multi-Observation Elicitation (COLT 2017), Accuracy First: Selecting a Differential Privacy Level for Accuracy-Constrained ERM (NIPS 2017).
October 2017: I've (finally?) made public my side project bomail, an experimental terminal-based system for organizing and interacting with email. See that page for info, the source code, or how to install with python-pip.
Also, some fun new papers are up! (see Research page)
COLT 2017 (July): Slides for my talk on Multi-Observation Elicitation.
Thanks to all participants and attendees!
January 2017: Young EC Researchers (Tel Aviv) 2017: Slides for my talk on information elicitation and connections to mechanism design.
2016INFORMS 2016: Slides for my talk on prediction markets and substitutes.
- Slides are up for my talk on informational substitutes.
- Relevant blog posts: (1) generalized entropies and value of information, (2) divergences and value of information.
- Update: the full paper is now online here.
October 2016: My blog on topics in theoretical CS and game theory has launched!
EC / GAMES 2016:
- Slides are now up for the tutorial on elicitation and machine learning at EC '16.
- Slides are up for my talk on Informational Substitutes at GAMES '16.
- Slides are up for my talk on Descending Price Optimally Coordinates Search at EC '16.
See also: Running page
Possible misspellings of my name include "Bo Wagner" and "Bo Wagoner".